24 March 2010

BOOM - BAI!


Since Bomb blasts are as common news these days as ‘where to shop this weekend (?)’, I think ranting about it runs out of steam as quickly as credit limit is touched. But that does not at all, like politicians say, kill the spirits of the ‘city’ and living people. By the way, what is wrong with people these days that understanding sarcasms has become a rare occurrence? Yes I use poisonous words when entire administration fails to curb attacks. Yes I find it despicable to see half the police machinery being utilized to protect ‘Rahul Gandhi baba travelling in local’ or at theatres to protect screening of ‘My name is Khan’, while button happy nincompoops are blowing our freedom of expressions to smithereens.
And yes, I find it idiotic, this ‘aman ki asha’! You want to make peace with people who want aid from America so that they can match India with nuclear weapons? We will have to start a new initiative, ‘Zindagi ki Asha’, if that happens. While situation in their country is worse than that in Sierra Leone and I have not even touched the issue of inflation here; where jihad is devoured like Khari biscuit with chai every morning, evening, night and some more, for those who think that we should not exist owing to our faith, peace can never be talked. It has to be violently imposed upon them. But hey, these are my personal opinions, right? So lay away!
But then again, I have a different agenda to rant about today. I might be a little late in this. But, what the heck! Some time ago, a great fun and frolic festival in Panvel was concluded, rightly named as “Panvel Festival”. However part name of the festival, ‘festival’ had to be changed to ‘Mahotsav’, because politicians thought that it was amoral to the culture that Maharashtrians conform to, which is of course in sync with consuming beastly quantities of intoxicating drinks when ‘Ganapati visarjan’ is in progress and playing flush (teen patti) in the night.
Then again, so many areas in Mumbai are still English that, if one thinks, shudders at the thought of attempting to change into synonymous names, as we can not name everything on ‘Great Shivaji Maharaj’…Cotton Green? Sandhurst Road? Reay Road? King’s Circle? By far, king’s circle in Marathi is the funniest, I tell you. Try it.
Here is an ode to Maharashtra Politics…it’s of course in Marathi, while translation is given below as food for thought:

I am for namesake, I live up to my name (it’s a pun).
I am a son of this great Marathi soil
I earned my fortunes in reclaiming the lands (with the Marathi soil)
I am a ghost of these westerly lands
I am a reaper for immigrants from other lands…This land is MY Land.

I am a rainbow in the clear skies
But I am only green, orange, violet, other colors denied.
I am an upheaval, a political masterpiece
I am a bane for society’s peace

I am an initiative for non development
I have been developed for disinvestment…(Marathi vote bank)
I am a king sans crown, my kingdom without subjects
But I am going to change the government (for name sake)

On whose shoulders, an unwarranted weight I am
Or on Shreemati Yashoda’s lap, Shri Krishna I am
In dividing votes, an expert I am
Or a debt on ‘Matoshree’, I am.

This is my first attempt to integrate web log + video web log. Hope you guys find it amusing and comment and rate my video. I call it Hum-Log…haha. Sorry for that folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome.

Chori karna paap hai!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Page Rank. I have sucked in ranks since my school days.

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Copy (not) Right.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No Modi Xeroxes please!

Creative Commons License
Indian Citizen Ranting by Varun Gawarikar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.