07 January 2009

2009: An Year to introspect PART I

A Very Happy New Year to all the readers. 2008 is out and 09 is in, it will still be at least 15/20 more days before we can come out of the 08 hangover and not make mistakes while typing the dates etc. But what the heck, right?

It was really sad to hear that Goa scene was canned for this New Years, with very few bookings happening for the new year's eve as well. Due to nature of my work, I sometimes get chance to visit such places on Company's account and recently got one such chance to be in Goa. The real story stars hereon.

Goa! they say, where identity clashes with waves. A new & little more learned person evolves therefrom. So I began on my journey, from Mumbai towards Goa; to find my self and slept half way through it. Heck, atleast I knew my destination.  When the Ticket Examiner woke me up, I found out in a semi councious state: The destination is not important, neither the journey is, the only thing matters is whether you have a valid ticket.  I was regaining my consiousness and coming back to normalcy. I found out who I really was - Bogie H2, seat no 33; window seat for that matter. It occured to me that difference between living and dreaming is the place and the ambience; wait till you find both the toilet doors locked. The western and the Indian, you will know what I speak of. 

I reached around 1800 hrs on 11th October 2008. Got myself in to one of those cheap lodge and arranged for an Honda Activa at Rs.200 for the evening. I was zooming across the pitch dark towards Baga beach. I reached the beach and got myself a really cool seat on the sea shore. 

Sea, they say is a great leveller, metaphorically speaking - the high tides and the low tides. I tried to find my equilbrium in between these, took my chances and went across. Ironically my job, which, I am still learning to do accurately, involves finding the cause, extent and nature of losses and what better place than Goa to do that: Spiritually and Professionally. 

As I sat on that seat, with cold beer to accompany me: I noticed small lights flickering near the horizon. I pondered whether it was the ships or Somalia. There was food apleanty atleast on this side of the shore. I was writing this in the candle light eclipsed by a pint of kingfisher. Muddy were my thoughts, the water and the light... A beautiful lady walked by doing strange antics and waving at the sea. I found out that I had lost the capacity to be who I was, what I was, where I was and why I was. Confusion reigned supreme. 

While I was having a date with destiny and we talked how and where our relationship would go, she just opened her arms wide to take me in her loving embrace, provided I perform. What? Did my destiny not read Paulo Coelho? Or was she reterating the same fact? Whatever it was, I was getting late and anxious. And destiny wanted to sing, in a karaoke bar, so we went. While I decided to lounge about, one girl sang Shaggy's "Angel" in an awesome voice and note to note. Another dude decided to sing Frank Sinatra's "Newyork Newyork". The dude chose to sing about fastest city in the world in the most laziest place. I don't create ironies folks, just notice them. 

An evening in a karaoke bar is like chasing gravity; while waves dance along moon's metronome, the songs and the energy float around to pull you into its soul/R &B / Rock/ Metal gravities respectively. Now, before gravity decided to black me out, I decided to call it a night and sleep as next day was work time.  

Contd...

1 comment:

Your comments are most welcome.

Chori karna paap hai!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Page Rank. I have sucked in ranks since my school days.

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Copy (not) Right.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No Modi Xeroxes please!

Creative Commons License
Indian Citizen Ranting by Varun Gawarikar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.