09 December 2008

What Women Want?

After quite some time I heard the song by The Beatles - Can't Buy me Love. A nerve numbing question occurred to me when Lennon was crooning, "say you don't need no diamond ring and I'll be satisfied", What Women want? Well, honestly, the thought also occurred when a dear friend put up a community on online social networking website by the subject name.

I frantically researched, nah, googled and found some queer facts: Karl Marx (co-writer of Das Kapital and father of communism) lived a meagre existence, reason being his lavish expenses. He further reasoned it that such expenses were necessities for his wife and kids. If the biggest communist of this world can't convince his wife on the theory of needs and wants, masses are a far cry. And they did cry, under communism. Ironically, Marx died as a stateless person (pun not intended).

My mortal capacity seizes here to understand what women want? I mean, even Plastic is forever, well almost, like diamonds. I don't find plastic being adored by women though. "Dear, I want a cool new plastic necklace for our anniversary" sorts. As they say, behind every successful man, there is a women; who wants more. I am not trying to be chauvinistic here; however, materialistic pleasures of life have been personified by women. Always.

For example, if you want to sell anything at a price way above its actual cost, all you have to do is, get it advertised by a hot looking woman. This, however, proves what men want and not women. In this quest of mine, I have confidently deduced that women do not want anything. They just have needs, which are complex and logically undecipherable.

A story reiterates this logic: The Frog king story where the princess bangs the frog on the wall and he turns out to be a prince. The story starts with princess playing with a golden ball which accidentally rolls into water, a frog pops up and offers to help, provided she would take him into the castle and let him eat from her plate and sleep in her bed. What a lecherous amphibian. The frog helps but princess does not keep her word. The king demands her to do exactly as she promised. She does everything except the sleeping part and bangs him onto a wall. The princess happily sleeps with the prince charming though, post marriage.

My inferred moral of this story: Every time a girl breaks her promise, some frog is waiting to be turned into a Prince. But, there aren't many kingdoms left and hence they turn into Pink loving Metro sexual urban males.

I did an experiment once. I wrapped Hershey's chocolates (lots of them) in a bubble wrap and gave to a dear friend (girl), on her graduation day. She actually waited to devour chocolates until she had popped all the bubbles. Out of modesty, she even let me pop a bubble or two. The picture below has been provided just for representational purposes. See the joy on her face and also on the face of those metro sexy (?) frog princes in the background.



Sincerely, nothing is as satisfying as seeing a smile on a girl/woman's face. A Rose sometimes, making sure her car has enough petrol, help in chopping vegetables, praising her on her looks and food cooked by her, asking her how her day was, helping her in shopping (phew)! And, loads of "I love you", "You are an awesome friend", "you are the bestest sister", "The coolest mom ever" etc...Etc are the things most women yearn / want to hear and so totally deserve. They need to be appreciated. Of course, when you repeatedly use these phrases, there might be a complaint that you don't mean them anymore and just say it for the heck f it, so be innovative folks.

Well, till the time I do not find my princess, I will keep pondering upon what women want and figure a way to transfigure myself into a Frog. I hope that some biology loving knife happy person does not find me. And, I have already registered on matrimonial website :) Droink Droink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome.

Chori karna paap hai!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Page Rank. I have sucked in ranks since my school days.

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Copy (not) Right.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No Modi Xeroxes please!

Creative Commons License
Indian Citizen Ranting by Varun Gawarikar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.