26 March 2007

God said, ‘Let there be Light,’ F.M retorted, ‘Let it be taxed,’ M.S.E.B added, ‘Let it be cut during the peak hours.’


One morning, I was getting ready for going to work…usual week day. I offered my prayers and sat for breakfast.

Suddenly, God appeared from the thin air and asked, ‘Child, tell me, are you happy with your country?’
‘I very much am God. I get electricity for 20 hours, water for 5 hours a day and good roads for 6 whole months in a year. The most important thing is - I was born in Free India 26 years ago and our country has been free for almost 60 years. What more could somebody ask for?'

‘God, if you don’t mind, I am getting late for work and I would not want to loose my incentives. Furthermore, my boss would not believe the excuse that I was chatting with you.‘

‘Child, don’t worry about that, God said. I’ll take care of it. Come; show me the things that you love about your country.‘

‘God, I love almost everything about my country. The only flip side is that buying a house in Mumbai is probably more difficult than securing a place in Heaven.‘

‘Since in this lifetime, I would not be able to achieve the former, I was wondering if you could put up a word for me and my family with St. Peter for the latter. We are ready to offer 14% more prayers in a month than we do now, every month, for the next 5 years. ‘Child, your offer is subject to Earthly & Heavenly risks,’ I will go through your offer carefully before accepting, God said.’

The Car cranked and I and God were soon zooming on “The Expressway” to Pune. God marveled at the sight of his own creations (beautiful brown mountains, lush green trees, vast farmlands) and the sub-contractor’s – The Expressway.

We were passing through a tunnel and God asked me to stop there. I argued with God that it was not allowed to stop in tunnels and/or on Expressway. But, God again assured me that he would take care of it and hence I obliged, though I was skeptical about how God would bargain with the Traffic Police, if we were caught, i.e.

God started laughing with joy and said ‘Child, look at the mouth of the tunnel, this proves my theory – "There is light at the end of the tunnel."




‘I agree God, I said. But there is also toll booth at the end of it. Further, two wheelers, three wheelers, bullock carts, cycles and jay walkers are not allowed.’

‘I hope you have Indian currency for the toll as nobody is allowed to pass for free on the Expressway and you are only God, not a Politician.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome.

Chori karna paap hai!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Page Rank. I have sucked in ranks since my school days.

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Copy (not) Right.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No Modi Xeroxes please!

Creative Commons License
Indian Citizen Ranting by Varun Gawarikar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.