22 April 2012

#WTF Ranting Indian Series 4

What the fuck I have against baggage carousels anyways. Every time I fly, my bags come out the last. I even deny airplane food in anticipation that they will make up some where else for the loss. But no. I have tried with weird looking metro sexy pink bags as well, but, in vain. But, I have heard from many people that their bags, too, arrive at last. This technically means that most bags arrive at last. How the hell is this even possible? That’s a rhetorical question anyways. One time, my bag came so late that even the conveyor system and the baggage staff started cursing me for labour exploitation. I have decided to check in at the last minute so that logical system of last in first out makes sense. Obviously it made sense when I was in school and college. I tried this once and the baggage arrived last again. I can’t even shout in angst because then the CBI probes you, they say. Last thing one needs for late arrival of bags is colonoscopy.

What the fuck do I have against shower faucets man. I am furious with those. Especially in summer seasons when one is in dire need of the faucet. Everywhere that I go the bloody shower works very queerly. Apparently, most of the showers I bathe in have their centre hollows malfunctioning and side holes perfectly working. This apparently means that when you exactly stand below the shower the waters falls everywhere except on you. Even my towel generally gets a nice bath but me. Speaking of shower faucets with empty centre reminds me of a newly elected politician in Lok sabha. Like say Murali Deora’s son…

What? I have to name him now? I can’t be snobbish for once like the south Bombay-ites. Heck, Navi Mumbai-ites can be so snobbish that they get their Rs.15000.00 worth of medical bills delivered at their door steps by local drug stores. See.

Why the hell do we have to pay taxes any ways. I pay customs duties, I pay excise duties on products, service taxes, VAT and what not and in the end I also end up paying income tax. Not fair at all. I even forward the weird mail that circulates with tax data to all the people in my mailing list when I get such mail. I have done so three times till now.

Since I was travelling and was in dire need of ranting, I will keep it short and bitter for now. More ranting against the general evil world will follow soon.

For short 140 char rants, follow me, @rantingindian , on twitter.

8 comments:

  1. I liked this ranting very much. + I like the rantings which happen in Twitter. Write your next post on it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janak for your comment. I will surely keep em coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really everything you write is worth a read.

    You should consider writing columns in newspaper / magazine ... Am sure your fan following would increase. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really everything you write is worth a read.

    You should consider writing columns in newspaper / magazine ... Am sure your fan following would increase. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really everything you write is worth a read.

    You should consider writing columns in newspaper / magazine ... Am sure your fan following would increase. !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Godspeed for your warm comment. Did use to write for some magazines. But, not relevant anymore as no one likes to read satire anymore :D :D :D

      Delete
  6. I agree with the baggage thing so much. I specially do not like it when it happens at CST Airport Mumbai, and u r last at immgtrn, when they prey you like a fox and say kai he madam, NY hun aalat, kahich nahi anlet.. bara asa kara $20 tari dya as bakshish.. Bakshish to a Customs officer....OMG....then I ask him for his ID Number and they start with abusing language as if I do not know the meaning..I am a Lawyer so When I tell them that I am making a legal written complaint about this incident, he sends a constable with me and my bags to drop me to my family...Welcome to India. Got a chance for my rant also here VG.. Good work bro..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha bakshish. And you are always welcome to rant here :). I threaten the oolice that i am lawyer too sometimes. It helps :)

      Delete

Your comments are most welcome.

Chori karna paap hai!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Page Rank. I have sucked in ranks since my school days.

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Copy (not) Right.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No Modi Xeroxes please!

Creative Commons License
Indian Citizen Ranting by Varun Gawarikar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.